Nobody knows your business as well as you do.
If you can afford the time and want to try writing your own content, go for it. One caveat, however: knowing the ins and outs of your business doesn’t guarantee that people will read what you write. I offer these tips in the spirit of keeping your readers engaged.
Tips for Writing Content That People Actually Read
- Have a point.
- Be clear and concise. No rambling.
- Provide value. Tell your readers something they don’t know.
- Write for your target audience.
- Write titles and headlines that pop.
- Write a strong opening (or lose your reader with the first sentence).
- Give every paragraph a title.
- Speaking of paragraphs, short is better than long.
- Use a natural voice. Keep it real.
- Put a Call To Action (CTA) on every page of your website. One-syllable verbs are best.
Bonus: Enhance your content with great photography and video.
Good luck! (I’m here if you get stuck).